If you are a roller skating parent, you know that it is important to have the best safety gear for your child.
In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of safety gear that are available and what each type of gear does to protect your child.
We will also provide tips on how to select the right gear for your child. Roller skating can be a lot of fun, but it is important to stay safe while doing it! Reading for important information.
Roller Skating Gear to Keep You Safe
Taking care of yourself while falling on roller skates is an integral part of roller skating. While learning the best ways to fall, why not protect yourself while you’re at it?
Adding a mouthguard will make you look like a roller derby player if you want to go the extra mile. Tailbone protection shorts are even available!
Most skaters forego some or all of that safety gear once they’re more comfortable on skates, but you can keep wearing it if you like.
It’s true that the skating rink floor is quite hard! It is always a good idea to dress up before skating outdoors.
You are not only exposed to rough, cracked, and other unpredictable surfaces while skating outside, but you are also at risk for traffic, other pedestrians, hills, and many other things.
Do you feel ready to roll? Do you feel ready to roll? These are the items you will need:
|Based on approx.||Head size of a girl (cm)||Head size of a boy (cm)|
|Age 12 months.
Age 18 months.
Age 2 yrs.
|About 2.5 years old.
Age 3 years.
|4 years old.
4.5 years old.
5 years old.
|6 years old.
7 years old.
8 years old.
|Small||54 – 56||55- 57|
|Medium||56 – 58||57- 59|
|Large||58 – 60||59- 61|
|X-Large||60 – 62||61- 63|
It’s a good idea to wear a helmet while roller skating or biking. A helmet protects the head against many injuries including cuts and bruises, concussions, and traumatic brain injuries.
Take your soft tape measure and wrap it around your head to determine your helmet size. Approximately two finger widths up from your brows and one to two above your ears.
Tighten the tape against the skin, but avoid constricting it.
if i want to make an accurate measurement, you shouldn’t have to tighten it too much. Make sure your helmet sits flat on the top of your head without tilting back or up and sits low on your forehead.
It is important that the side straps form a Y shape right below the ear, where the straps join.
The Schwinn Kids Bike Helmet with 3D Character Features is perfect for young children who want to feel like they are the star of the show when riding their bike.
The helmet has a 3D design that projects your child’s image onto the front of the helmet, making it look cool and intimidate other drivers.
With this product, you can be sure your child will enjoy growing into their cycling skills while wearing this amazing piece of equipment.
Details of the product:
- Kids will love the adorable 3D stegosaurus design on this helmet; fits children 1 to 3 years old
- It comes with plush 3D stegosaurus spikes that add to the fun
- Fitted with a dial fit system that allows 360° of adjustment for a perfect fit
- Enhanced protection is provided by a full coverage microshell, and the vented design provides airflow in hot summer conditions
- It complies with the U.S. Child Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets (EXTENDED Head Coverage)
- Cute but fragile helmet.
- The kid loves wearing it
- Good fit and great price
- Very light weight for a small head
- Very good quality and totally worth buying
- No flaws
The Wipeout Dry Erase Kids Helmet is the perfect way to keep your child safe on their bikes, skates, and scooters.
This helmet has a durable vinyl cover that helps keep it clean and free of dirt, dust, and other potential contaminants.
The soft-touch protection prevents any irritation or pain when playing with these toys. Plus, the easy-to-use design makes it simple for you to wipe down your child’s helmet every time they use it.
Details of the product:
- This dry erase helmet for children includes five non-toxic dry erase markers and a stencil kit so that they can design their own helmets
- Kids can draw or stencil designs on the durable and stylish helmet, then erase and start over for a fresh look
- Conforms to the U.S. CPSC safety standards for bike helmets for persons aged 5 and over and ASTM F-1492 safety standards for skate helmets
- It comes with a helmet, five dry erase non-toxic markers in neon colors, and an awesome stencil kit with eight awesome shapes.
- Two sizes are available: For ages 5+, the head circumference should be 49-52cm and for ages 8+, the circumference should be 52-56cm.
- The colors are vibrant
- The design of this helmet is excellent
- The silver and other metallic colors show up beautifully
- You can’t see the markers when drawing on the black helmet.
Triple Eight is the global leader in sweat-reducing helmet technology and the only certified Sweatsaver Helmet on the market.
With innovative design and construction, created a product that not only reduces sweating but also provides great protection against head injuries.
- This skateboard helmet features EPS foam that absorbs impact, dual-density soft foam that wicks moisture, and Sweatsaver fabric that helps keep you dry
- The helmet complies with the U.S. standards for bicycle helmets for persons under the age of 5 and ASTM F-1492 for skate helmets
- A pair of Sweatsaver pads is included in two different sizes for customizing fit. They fit very snug initially, and need some time to break in before they are completely comfortable
- Four sizes are available: XS/S fits 20 – 21.25 in (51 – 54 cm), S/M fits 21 – 22.5 in (53 – 57 cm), L/XL fits 22.5 – 23.5 in (57 – 60 cm), XL/XXL fits 23.5 – 24.5 in (60 – 63 cm).
- If you need liners to further customize the fit, use soft tape measures or strings to measure around the head.
- The design is dope
- The “sweat saving technology
- Light, comfortable.
- These helmets run incredibly too small.
Protective wrist guards
It’s easy to sustain a sprain, fracture, or broken bone after falling onto your wrists. Wrist guards are popular among skaters for this very reason.
Wrist guards can reduce the likelihood of serious injury when you fall, although you should always avoid catching yourself on your wrists.
It is important to know the difference between slip-on wrist guards and wrap wrist guards.
A slip-on wrist guard fits over your hand as if it was a fingerless glove, except that it offers plenty of rigid support. Instead of wearing a glove, wrap wrist guards fit over your hand and wrist, securing them with straps to ensure they are comfortable.
Simply Kids Protective Gears Cambo Set I Knee Pads, Elbow Pads, Bike Gloves and Wrist Guards for Child Boy Girl Toddler I One Set for All Sports Roller-Skating Balance Bike Skateboard
Triple Eight is the global leader in sweat reducing helmet technology, and the only certified Sweatsaver Helmet on the market.
With our innovative design and construction, we’ve created a product that not only reduces sweating, but also provides great protection against head injuries.
- DESIGNED WITH 3 LAYERS OF SOFT PADS TO MAKE IT SAFER, STRONGER, & LONGER LIVING! Designed with three layers of heavy-duty buffer materials to absorb any impact of falling, our pads will help you stay safe! Plus, kids’ knees and arms will fit perfectly thanks to the revolutionary soft-pad technology. Your children’s safety is our top priority while they’re having fun outdoors!
- KID’S WRIST AND PALM ARE FULLY PROTECTED If your child falls, the pain of impact is minimized with our special twin splint construction that provides excellent support for young bones.
- SKATEBOARD PADS ARE A GREAT GIFT FOR TODDLER’S, The quality of these garments includes not only durability and washability, but also flexibility and breathability. Besides keeping your child comfortable for hours, the skin-friendly material prevents discomfort.
- EASY TO WEAR AND COOL Young skin is soothed by our materials, which keep it dry and fresh. They are also CPSIA-approved. Colorful and fun, your fashion-conscious kids can wear it with any outfit. It’s also allergy-free!
Triple Eight Saver Series Adult/Child Pad Set with Kneesavers, Elbowsavers, and Wrist Savers, for Skate, Bike, and Roller
Looking for an affordable and easy way to keep your child safe during powered activities? Look no further than the Triple Eight Saver Series adult child pad set.
This set comes with knee savers, elbow savers, and wrist savers to keep your little one safe while they roller, skate or bike. Plus, the sets are affordable and easy to use!
- The set comes with two pairs of knee saver knee pads, one pair of elbow saver elbow pads, and one pair of wrist saver wrist guards for skating, biking, and roller derby
- High-quality durable fabrics are used for the knee and elbow pads, with EVA foam padding and polycarbonate full-coverage caps for superior protection that won’t hinder movement.
- Protect your wrists with shock-absorbing, molded ABS splints and 4-way stretch nylon mesh wrist guards
- There are wide, reinforced elastic straps on all pads that provide a secure fit and allow the user to take the pads on and off easily.
- Comfortable ergonomic design
- SM/M/LG have one size that fits most adults, JR has one size that fits most kids ages 5-8.
- Measure the circumference of your hand at the knuckles for a perfect fit: Junior fits 6-7 inches, Small fits 7-8 inches, Medium fits 8-9 inches, and Large fits 9-10 inches.
- The wrist pads feel extremely sturdy and safe
- Comfortable and durable
- Great for your protection needs without a lot of complexity.
- No flaws
A pair of elbow and knee pads
It can be especially painful to bruise or sprain your knees or elbows after a fall. Like a helmet for your knees or elbows, roller skating pads are constructed using a soft sleeve or strap and some padding.
Be sure to buy the right size knee pads and elbow pads. The circumference of your arm about an inch above your elbow can be measured using a soft measuring tape or string.
The circumference of the leg above the knee should be measured with a measuring tape. Make sure the straps are sturdy and can be adjusted for comfort.
Nickelodeon Paw Patrol and Blue’s Clues & You! Toddler and Kids Elbow/Knee Pads and Gloves Sets, Multiple Colors
Nickelodeon Paw Patrol and Blue’s Clues & You! Toddler and Kids Elbow Knee Pads and Gloves Sets are a must-have for any Paw Patrol fan.
These sets include knee pads, gloves, and a matching toy truck. With 2 different styles to choose from, Nickelodeon Paw Patrol fans of all ages can find their perfect match.
Not only do these sets provide enhanced protection from joint pain and Cramps, but they’re also super cute!
- This set includes authentic Nickelodeon Blue’s Clues and You graphics for toddlers
- Pads for knees, elbows, and gloves included
- With its dual-density construction, the pad combines a durable shell with a shock-absorbing liner
- A tailor-made fit is assured by elasticized straps and hook-and-loop closures
- Kids can wear it while riding a bike, scooter, and more
- The knee and elbow pads are great protection
- The gloves are a very thin material that could rip easily
Gyroor Knee Pads for Kids, Kids Knee and Elbow Pads with Wrist Guards Adjustable, 6 in 1 Kids Protective Gear Set for Skateboard, Skates, Cycling, Scooter, Hoverboard (Black-S)
Looking for a time-saving, durable set of knee pads for your little one? Look no further than the Gyroor Knee Pads. These pads are designed to protect your child’s knees, elbows and feet while they skate, ride their bikes or scoot around on their skateboard or hoverboard.
Made with adjustable wrist guards and breathable material, these pads will keep you and your kid comfortable all day long.
Stronger protection with upgraded technology:
Strong and durable 600D nylon cloth on the kid’s elbow and knee pads extends the life of the pads in long-term use. Kids’ knees and arms are effectively protected by a wear-resistant PE hard shell and thickened 10mm EVA foam.
Comfortable and supportive:
Knee pads for kids made with durable arc PE shells and high maneuverability are designed based on ergonomics and physiology.
It allows the knees/arms to be flexed beyond 90 degrees while still providing adequate protection. A reinforced rivet on each cap provides maximum strength against impact
How to Wear Sports in Two Ways:
Knee and elbow pads for kids have high elastic sleeves to provide strong breathability, while long stretch magic straps make tightening easy. Stylish straps for refreshing sports or sleeveless sleeves for powerful protection and a delicate fit.
Protective gear set with 6 in 1 features:
It comes with 2 knee pads, 2 elbow pads, and 2 wrist guards, and it comes in 3 sizes (S/M/L). You can give your child a sense of protection from even minor injuries by providing knee and elbow pads for kids.
Fits most children/youths with its adjustable elastic band. You can find our size chart here (please check before ordering)
Gear that provides multiple levels of protection:
With these knee pads with wrist guards, kids are safe, comfortable, and mobile when cycling, skating, skateboarding, scootering, rollerblading, BMX, self-balancing boards, or any other activity requiring impact protection. This is a great gift idea for girls, boys, teenagers, and youth
- Good quality, safe and good price
- It is really high quality
- The wrist guards are great
- Adjustable and comfortable
- No flaws
Tailbone protection is a good idea for kids’ roller skating, as it can help keep them safe from injuries. There are a few pieces of gear that are especially helpful for this activity, and Tailbone Protection has put together a list of the best safety gear for kids in roller skating.
The first thing to consider when choosing tailbone protection gear is the level of protection that you want to provide. Some top tailbone protectors include face shields, skates, and helmets.
For example, face shields offer complete coverage of the chin and ears while still allowing children to move their heads and necks easily. Helmets are perfect for protecting young skulls from serious accidents or other head injuries.
One other important factor to consider is the weight of the gear you choose.
JMsDream 3D Padded Protection Hip EVA Short Pants Protective Gear for Kids & Adults Skating Riding Roller
Kids and adults alike need to protect their bodies from harm. JMsDream 3D Padded Protection Hip EVA Short Pants are the answer! These pants protect against sharp Objects, bumps and bruises, making skating or riding a roller coaster less painful for all involved.
- It is made of Lycra cotton, EVA padding, and honeycomb net breathable fabric.
- It is made of Lycra cotton, EVA padding, and honeycomb net breathable fabric.
- The belt protects the waist, jaws, buttocks, and sides of the thighs left and right.
- A perfect choice for outdoor activities such as ice skating, rollerblading, skiing, and cycling.
- One 3D hip protector is included in the package
- Good one for all kind of adventure sports
- Definitely helps with the falls on the ice
- The waistband is a little stiff to so it
Life Bravo Butt Pads for Skating, 25 mm Thick Bum Protector for Kids (3-7 Years Old) Lightweight, Anti Slip Snowboard Padded Pants, Hip Pads for Ice Skating Ski Skiing Skateboarding Cycling
Life Bravo Butt Pads are a lightweight and comfortable way to protect your bottom while skiing, biking, or ice skating. Our cotton- blend hip pads and padded pants are perfect for growing kids – they’re lightweight and provide extra comfort on those chilly days.
Here is more information about it:
- A LIGHTWEIGHT PRODUCT: We manufacture our hip protector snowboards using high-quality, non-toxic EVA foam padding that is lightweight and durable. During sports, your kids will stay fresh and cool with moisture-wicking material that won’t burden them.
- AVAILABLE IN A VARIETY OF SIZE: Kids between the ages of 3-7 can easily put on and take off this ski butt pad thanks to its hook and loop closure. Your kids will feel more comfortable with soft and elastic fabric
- PROTECTION IS KEY: Your children will enjoy sports more safely with padded snowboard shorts that provide accurate shock absorption and protect them from injuries during indoor and outdoor activities.
- PROVEN DURABILITY: This padded ice skating pant offers exceptional protection thanks to its 25mm thickness. Soft and elastic fabric allows your child to wear it in winter and summer sports, reducing impact when they hit the ground
- A GREAT GIFT FOR YOUR CHILDREN: Sports enthusiasts will appreciate this gift, especially if they enjoy skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, figure skating, roller skating, skateboarding, scootering, hockey, and most indoor and outdoor sports.
- Good quality and low price
- This is an excellent protective gear
- It is really great and protective
- It’s really comfortable and good quality
- No flaws
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What safety gear do you need for roller skating?
There are a few different types of safety gear you can use when roller skating. The most important piece of gear is the helmet, which will protect your head in case of a fall.
You may also want to consider elbow and knee pads, as well as wrist guards. Head injuries are the most serious type of injury that can occur while roller skating, so always wear a helmet!
How do you prevent injuries when roller skating
Prevention is key when it comes to roller skating injuries. One way to help prevent injuries is to always skate on approved surfaces.
Make sure the surface you are skating on is smooth and clean – any debris or obstacles on the ground can cause you to lose your balance and fall.
Another way to prevent injuries while roller skating is by using proper safety gear. Always wear a helmet, wrist guards, and knee pads when skating – this will help protect you from falls and other accidents.
And finally, always skate at a safe speed. Roller skating too fast can put you at risk for serious injury.
Who should not roller-skate
I’m going to go ahead and say that anyone who doesn’t want to have fun should not roller skate. Seriously though, there are a few types of people who probably shouldn’t strap on a pair of skates and hit the rink.
First, let’s talk about physical limitations. If you have any issues with your ankles, knees, or hips, then skating is probably not for you.
The same goes for anyone with balance problems or who is overweight. Roller skating is quite taxing on your joints, so it’s best to steer clear if you have any joint-related health issues.
Now let’s talk about personality types. If you’re the type of person who gets frustrated easily or hates trying new
How do you fall when skating?
When skating, you fall in one of three ways- you can either trip over your own feet and fall forward, fall backward, or stumble to one side.
To stay upright when skating, you need to keep your center of gravity directly over the axles of your skates. This means that you need to maintain a strong balance over your skates by keeping your body weight evenly distributed. When you lose your balance, it becomes difficult to keep yourself from falling.
There are many things that can cause you to lose your balance while skating- for example, if you’re not used to skating on ice or if the surface is slippery, you might find it harder to stay upright. Additionally, if you skate too quickly.
Does roller skating help with belly fat?
It depends on how much you roller skate.
If you go roller skating for an hour every day then, yes, it will help reduce belly fat. Roller skating is a great aerobic exercise that burns a lot of calories. However, if you only go roller skating once a week, then it won’t make much of a difference.
To reduce belly fat, you need to engage in regular aerobic exercise. Roller skating is one option, but there are many other exercises that can help too, such as running, biking, swimming, and hiking. The key is to find an activity that you enjoy and that you will stick with over the long haul. So find something that’s fun and get moving!
Roller skating can be a great way for children to get some exercise, but it is important to stay safe while doing so. Parents should make sure their child wears the appropriate safety gear each time they roller skate.
In this article, we have discussed the different types of safety gear that are available and what each type of gear does to protect your child.
We have also provided tips on how to select the right gear for your child. We hope you find this information helpful and that it will help keep your child safe while roller skating. Have a fun and safe time!